Regulations on the online ticket sale system
In force from 1 November 2018.
§ 1. Definitions
- Museum (or vendor) – the National Museum in Wrocław, pl. Powstańców Warszawy 5, 50-153 Wrocław, NIP: PL8960006069, listed in the Register of Institutions of Culture as no. 65/2006, with access to the sales system.
- Regulations – the following rules of the online ticket sales (further referred to as ‘the rules’) apply to selling tickets to the National Museum in Wrocław and its branches via the Internet, and define the rules, scope and conditions of using the online ticket sales system.
- Gmach Główny [the main building] (GG) – Muzeum Narodowe we Wrocławiu, pl. Powstańców Warszawy 5, 50-153 Wrocław,
tel. reception: +48 71 372 51 50 (-51), secretarial offices: +48 71 343 56 43, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Panorama Racławicka [the Panorama of the Battle of Racławice] (PR), ul. J.E. Purkyniego 11, 50-155 Wrocław,
tel. tickets: +48 71 344 23 44, reception: +48 71 344 16 61 (-62), e-mail: email@example.com
- Pawilon Czterech Kopuł Muzeum Sztuki Współczesnej [the Four Domes Pavilion Museum of Contemporary Art] (P4K), ul. Wystawowa 1, 51-618 Wrocław,
tel. +48 71 712 71 81 (-89), e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Muzeum Etnograficzne [the Ethnographic Museum] (ME), ul. R. Traugutta 111-113, 50-419 Wrocław,
tel. +48 71 344 33 13, e-mail: email@example.com
- System – iKSORIS, the online system of ticket sales https://bilety.mnwr.pl,
- Buyer – every person using the system,
- Ticket – ticket of entry, granting the right to visit the specified exhibitions at the museum and/or participate in the specified event organized by the museum,
- Ticket price – the price of a ticket purchased by a buyer to access an event, in accordance with the price list valid at the time of the purchase,
- Event – exhibition or a group of exhibitions at the individual branches, for which the standard range of tickets is applicable, or for special separate events organized by the museum, for which the museum allows online ticket sales,
- Payments operator – PayU SA based in Poznań, 60-166 Poznań, ul. Grunwaldzka 182, a domestic payments agency supervised by the Commission for Financial Supervision (KNF), listed in the register of financial services with the no. IP1/2012, and listed in the register of companies at the District Court in Poznań [Sąd Rejonowy w Poznaniu – Nowe Miasto i Wilda w Poznaniu, Wydział VIII Gospodarczy Krajowego Rejestru Sądowego] with the no. KRS 0000274399, the share capital of 4,944,000 PLN paid in full, tax identification no. NIP: 779-23-08-495, REGON 300523444. Contact: +48 61 628 45 05 (weekdays: 8:00–20:00), trade office: al. Jana Pawła II 22, 00-133 Warszawa.
The use of payment service provided by the payments operator commences after being redirected to the website payu.pl, based on the conditions as specified in the rules provided there by the operator. Before using the payment services a buyer is obliged to become familiar with the rules regarding the payments operator and accept the conditions stipulated therein.
§ 2. General terms and conditions
- The following rules define the principles of the system of online ticket sales used by the museum.
- The system can be used on condition of becoming familiar with the rules and accepting the stipulated terms. Acceptance of the given rules constitutes the intent and creates legal obligations on the part of the buyer and the museum.
- The buyer is obliged to use the system according to the rules and in full respect of the law, in particular by supplying only true data and not transmitting any illegal contents. Technical requirements enabling the use of the system:
- computer or any other mobile electronic equipment with a search engine and access to the Internet. The search engines have to be switched on to Java Script and cookies, with TLS 1.2 or higher,
- current e-mail address,
- bank account with Internet access enabling payments on line.
- In the case of a contract with a customer of ticket purchase using the system as interpreted by the law, such a contract is the remote contract as stipulated by the Act of 30 May 2014 on consumer rights (Dz. U. 2014, pos. 827).
§ 3. Ticket purchase using the online sales system
- A ticket to view the Panorama of the Battle of Racławice is issued for a specific day and time. Viewing sessions take place every 30 minutes, the viewing platform can accommodate a maximum of 85 persons.
- With the use of the system, a maximum of 10 tickets to view the Panorama of the Battle of Racławice can be included in an individual order.
- The system does not provide the possibility of purchasing group tickets to view the Panorama of the Battle of Racławice. To procure group tickets (coach parties, school trips of more than 10 persons) one should contact the booking office [Dział Rezerwacji]: Panorama Racławicka Oddział Muzeum Narodowego we Wrocławiu, ul. Purkyniego 11, 50-155 Wrocław, tel. +48 71 344 23 44, or by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. After making the payment for the purchased group tickets one should contact again the aforementioned booking office and confirm the payment; in the event of not receiving such a confirmation from the customer the booking office will cancel the order. Group viewing can be conducted in one of the 15 languages listed on the website (https://mnwr.pl/en/branches/panorama-of-the-battle-of-raclawice/information/), after the prior notice given to the booking office.
- The online sales system enables purchasing a ticket/s at the latest 24hrs before the planned viewing time. In cases of a later purchase a visitor can acquire a ticket/s directly from the ticket office at the Panorama of the Battle of Racławice, or by contacting the office by phone or e-mail.
- Tickets for the National Museum, The Four Domes Pavilion Museum of Contemporary Art, and the Ethnographic Museum are sold for any given day as viewing at these branches is not limited to a specific number of visitors.
- In cases of purchasing tickets using the system, it is not possible to alter the date and/or time of the viewing.
§ 4. Placing an order
- The online sales system is a free of charge automatic service (without the assistance of the booking office) and enables the purchase of individual ticket/s to the selected events.
- The museum reserves the right to set the limit for the number of tickets available for individual events and as an individual order when required by the nature of a given event and the restricted number of available tickets.
- Ticket prices are given in Polish złoty and are inclusive of VAT.
- In order to receive a VAT invoice, in the course of placing the order the option ‘VAT invoice’ should be selected and the required data provided. The invoice will be forwarded according to the procedure described in §5.
- An order can be placed either after setting up a user account or without registering such an account.
- A user account can be set up by accessing the website https://bilety.mnwr.pl/, and then completing the provided questionnaire (at least the points marked as obligatory), supplying the current e-mail address and password.
- Registering the account and the use of the system is free of charge.
- Placement of an order requires taking the steps listed on the subsequent subpages of the system:
- selecting the date and kind of event, time of viewing (in the case of the Panorama of the Battle of Racławice), type and number of ticket/s;
- correctly filling in the required points of the order form (in the case of purchasing without registration of the user account) or logging into the user account in the System,
- checking the correctness of the provided data and order specifications,
- passing on to the payment page;
- acknowledging the placement of the order and the obligation of payment by clicking the option ‘PAY’.
- The buyer who placed the order will be notified at the provided e-mail address about the placement of the order – the confirmation of a successful order placement is a pro-forma invoice.
§ 5. Payment and order filling
- Payment for the ticket/s ordered using the system is possible only through the services of payments operator, by accessing the website PayU.com to which the buyer will be automatically logged in directly after placing an order, based on the rules defined by the payments operator which regard payments via the PayU service, up to two hours from the time of placing the order. The use of the online payment service requires the knowledge of the rules and terms of providing such services by the payments operator, and their acceptance by the buyer.
- The non-payment for the placed order within the time stipulated in point 1 will result in its automatic cancellation. In the case of cancellation of the order, the buyer will be automatically advised of the cancellation at his/her e-mail address indicated for that purpose.
- Payment for an individually placed order should be made in whole, cover the total amount and include the price of all the tickets thus ordered.
- The museum cannot be held responsible for any irregularities arising during the processing of the payment by the bank indicated by the buyer.
- When selecting the option ”I would like to receive a VAT invoice”, the buyer agrees to receive an electronic invoice at the e-mail address indicated in his/her order, which does not exclude the museum’s right to issue and send the invoice in paper form.
- The museum is not liable for any consequences resulting from the Buyer providing untrue or erroneous data required for the issuance of the VAT invoice.
- On receipt by the museum of the notification of payment from the PayU service, filling the order will be confirmed by an e-mail automatically generated by the system and sent to the address indicated by the buyer, containing a PDF of the purchased ticket/s. The received ticket/s should be then printed out by the buyer or displayed to the Museum staff on the screen of an electronic device (e.g. smartphone, tablet).
- Ticket sales in terms of an order and online payment are subject to fiscalization, hence an online buyer receives his/her proof of the payment.
- Purchase of tickets using the online system does not entail any additional costs apart from the cost of the connection to the Internet provider or to the telephone operator, borne by the buyer in line with the charges applied by the provider or the operator supplying the service to the buyer.
- Any complaints regarding the payment should be reported according to the rules defined by the payments operator available on the website of PayU.com
§ 6. Personal data and the policy of privacy
- The administrator of personal data supplied by the buyer is the National Museum in Wrocław.
- Data are supplied on voluntary basis but are required to purchase ticket/s online. In the case of refusal to supply the requested data it will not be possible to fill the order.
- The supplied personal data are processed in order to execute the contract, i.e. the purchase of ticket/s using the online system and/or setting up and managing the user account (art. 6 ust. 1 lit b RODO), and after the operation or following its cancellation, in order to observe the legal obligations including book-keeping and accounting (art. 6 ust. 1 lit c RODO), as well as for the purposes of establishing and pursuing any possible claims (as justified interest on the part of the administrator, art. 6 ust. 1 lit f RODO). Personal data are supplied on a voluntary basis but their processing is indispensable to finalize the contract and fill the order.
- Data are processed for the duration of the contract and after its termination, for the period of time required by law (such as the Act on accounting), or until the end of the expiry period or the lodged justified objection to data processing.
- The supplied personal data are transferred to the authorized subjects which process data on behalf of the administrator exclusively on the basis of the appropriate contracts allowing for data processing, among them PayU S.A., the providers of IT services and hosting services, as well as the offices of public administration and the subjects authorized by the relevant legal regulations.
- The buyer has the right to access the content of his/her personal data and to their alteration, removal, restriction of their processing, transfer of the data (in the scope regulated by executing the contract or agreement) and to lodge an objection to data processing. The buyer also has the right to lodge a complaint to the Chairperson of UODO (personal data protection authority) in cases when he/she decides that the data processing infringes the regulations on personal data protection.
- Detailed information on the principles of personal data processing, data protection and the ensuing rights is available on the website http://www.mnwr.pl/ under the tag of policy of privacy.
- The museum is not liable for any consequences resulting from the provision of untrue or erroneous data in the order form.
§ 7. Tickets
- Ticket prices as well as the terms of purchasing group tickets and discount tickets are stipulated in the museum price list. The museum provides its price list on the website: https://mnwr.pl/wizyta/
- The System enables the purchase of tickets selected from the museum price list.
- The lack of possibility of purchasing tickets using the system does not equal the lack of tickets in the ticket offices at the branches of the Museum.
- The date of viewing – and the exact time in the case of the Panorama of the Battle of Racławice – is stipulated on the ticket.
- The ticket is validated when presented in print-out form or when displayed on the screen of an electronic device, and shown to the museum staff on entry to the museum or to the gallery/exhibition in question. In the Four Domes Pavilion the electronic gates to the exhibition are opened by the visitors themselves.
- Authorized members of the museum staff have the right to inspect the documents required for the purchase of discount tickets (such as school ID card, the family discount card “Karta Dużej Rodziny”, etc.).
- Discount tickets which are not accompanied by the relevant document confirming the right to reduced-price admission will not be accepted and are not subject to refund.
- Detailed price list, types of the tickets, information about the possible discounts, the museum opening times and the rules of viewing are published on the website https://mnwr.pl/wizyta/ under the tag Useful Information.
- Unused tickets are not subject to refund and cannot be changed to other dates.
§ 8. Complaints
- Any queries, comments or complaints referring to the purchase and filling the ticket orders should be sent by e-mail to the following address:
- Complaints should be made not later than 14 days from the event in question, and should include the following details supplied by the buyer:
- number of the order to which the complaint applies;
- reasons for the complaint and a description of the circumstances in which the complaint arose, as well as the expected way of addressing the complaint;
- name and surname;
- e-mail address;
- telephone number.
- Complaints will be considered by the museum once only during the 14 days from receiving a complaint. The museum will advise the buyer of its decision regarding the complaint in question by writing to the postal address or the e-mail address provided by the buyer with the complaint.
- In cases when the buyer’s complaint is deemed legitimate by the museum, the buyer is entitled to either a newly issued ticket or money refund. Refunds will be made in the form of a bank transfer to the payee account.
- The museum is not liable for any incorrectly posed complaints, and in particular for incorrect or untrue data provided by the buyer.
- Acceptance of a complaint does not bar the right of the buyer to pursue his/her claims in general terms.
§ 9. Returns
- In cases when the event does not take place due to causes related to the museum (e.g. cancellation of the event, technical problems) or circumstances caused by force majeure, the museum should immediately notify the buyer via its website or by any possible means.
- In the situation described in point 1 above, the museum will accept the returned tickets for the event in question purchased in the ticket office or online. On returning the ticket/s a proof of the purchase should be presented.
- On accepting the claim, the amount paid for the tickets will be refunded via a bank transfer to the payee account, without delay and not later than 14 days from receiving the notification of returned ticket/s.
- Buyers are not entitled to withdraw from a contract entered into remotely as was determined in the Act of 30 May 2014 on consumer rights (according to art. 38 p. 12 of the above Act) due to the fact of it regulating the provision of services related to leisure and entertainment, sports and cultural events taking place on the specified date or during the period of providing such services.
- The museum grants to the buyer a contractual right of withdrawal from the contract of purchasing tickets via the online system only in cases where none of the thus acquired tickets have been utilised.
- The buyer may use his/her right of withdrawal described in point 5 above within the 14 days from the purchase of the tickets using the system but not later than 30 minutes before the commencement of the show (this applies to the tickets for the Panorama of the Battle of Racławice) or the day before the date of the event for which the ticket was issued (this applies to tickets to all other events).
- In order to take advantage of the right to withdrawal specified in point 5, the buyer should notify via e-mail the museum branch in question (indicated in the automatically generated message received after placing the ticket order), enclosing the pro forma invoice issued on placing the order and the tickets issued in pdf format. The buyer will be informed by e-mail of the acceptance of the returned ticket/s.
- The refund of money in the case of withdrawal from the contract according to points 5 and 6 above, will be made as specified in point 3 above, by means of bank transfer from the payments operator to the buyer’s (payee) account, not later than 14 days from the date of accepting the return.
§ 10. Out-of-court settlement of disputes
- The buyer who is a consumer can use, among others, the following possibilities of out-of-court settlement of complaints and pursuing his/her claims:
- apply to the permanent arbitrary tribunal for consumers operating at the Trade Inspectorate to settle the dispute resulting from the concluded sales contract,
- apply to the regional officer of the Trade Inspectorate to proceed with mediation regarding an amicable conclusion of the dispute between the consumer and the provider of service.
- The buyer who is a consumer can obtain free advice regarding settlement of the dispute by accessing free services of the county (municipal) consumer ombudsman or a public organization with a statutory mission of consumer rights’ protection (such as Federacja Konsumentów, Stowarzyszenie Konsumentów Polskich).
- Details regarding the procedure and access to out-of-court forms of settlement of disputes can be found at http://www.uokik.gov.pl/spory_konsumenckie.php.
- The website http://ec.europa.eu/consumers/odr/ provides the platform for the online system of settling disputes between consumers and enterprises at EU level (ODR platform). The ODR Platform is an interactive multilingual website providing the facility of a comprehensive service for consumers and enterprises aiming at out-of-court settlement of disputes regarding contractual obligations related to online contracts of sales or provision of services.
§ 11. Final recommendations
- The museum cannot be held responsible for any interruptions in the transmission of data during using the system, breakdowns and errors in the System’s functioning related to any reasons remaining beyond the museum’s control.
- The museum cannot be held responsible for the messages or data missing or lost on the web due to the reasons remaining beyond the museum’s control.
- Prior to visiting the museum visitors should check whether the museum will be open on a given day. The museum publishes information regarding the opening times and temporary closures of individual galleries/exhibitions to visitors on the website: https://mnwr.pl/wizyta/.
- The museum reserves the right to decide about the timing of commencement and termination of the online ticket sales for any held event.
- The museum reserves the right to discontinue at any time without prior notice the online ticket sales due to technical or other unforeseen circumstances.
- Prior to visiting the museum every visitor should refer to the Rules of viewing at the National Museum in Wrocław available at: https://mnwr.pl/en/rules-for-viewing-at-the-national-museum-in-wroclaw-and-its-branches/ and respect them during his/her visit. In cases of infringement of the recommendations contained in the above mentioned Rules of viewing at the National Museum in Wrocław members of the staff have the right to ask the visitor/s to leave the museum premises. In such a case the cost of the purchased ticket/s is not subject to refund.
- The museum reserves the right to change the rules without alteration to the ticket/s purchased prior to such a change.
- The rules have been prepared in two language versions, Polish and English. In cases of discrepancies between the Polish and English version of the rules, the Polish version will be decisive.
- In the instances not regulated by the rules, the general legal regulations will be applied, in particular the Decree of the European Parliament and EU Council 2016/679 dated 27 April 2016 on protection of natural persons in respect of processing and transfer of personal data (RODO, publ. Dz. U. UE. L. of 2018, No. 127, p. 2 with later amendments) and Civil Code, the Act of 30 May 2014 on consumer rights (Dz. U. 2014, point 827 with later amendments) and the Act dated 10 May 2018 on personal data protection (i.e. Dz.U.2018.1000 dated 24 May 2018, with later amendments).